For the Chinook Blast festival, Music Mile is creating a 90 minute Love Songs To Go video for viewing online and at outdoor screenings in surprising pop-up settings on the Mile.
Here’s how to take part.
If you are chosen to participate you will be asked to create a video of two of your favourite love songs, any length, any genre. More details below.
Nine artists will be chosen by a jury of music professionals, based on your profile and music samples (please use existing videos for your application, we are not asking you to create new content unless you are chose by the jury). The jury will also review all videos submitted to ensure compliance with guidelines.
$250 per video, no more than one per artist.
HOW TO APPLY
If you haven’t already done so, create a free account on Stagehand.app. That’s where you’ll find the application. The jury will read the bio you post on Stagehand and most importantly, listen to your music.
Applications: January 14th
Artist selection: January 18th
Completed videos: January 30th
Fri Feb 11: Premiere screening online
Plus companion offerings (food, drink, gifts) from Music Mile businesses
Sat/Sun Feb 12/13: Outdoor screenings – details tba
The video could be projected on building walls visible to passers-by and attendees (ie the west side of Kane’s Diner), spaces between buildings, the courtyard at the top of the library stairs, the Hygge Hut in East Village and more….
- Shoot your videos anywhere and on any device. If you don’t have a place to shoot video, we’ll connect you with a MM venue owner who has that capacity.
- This video will be shown in public places and will be family friendly.
- Please mention Music Mile during your video (see musicmile.ca to find out more about the Mile)
- Please include: social media addresses, song titles, songwriter and band member credits.
- All applications and contracts will be managed by Stagehand.
- Stagehand’s online tipping system will direct tips to artists, both online and at the pop-ups.
- Please share extensively on social media. We’ll share graphics, posts and news, and tag you in our posts. If you’d like to be online during the airing of your video, we hope you’ll feel free to chat with the audience.
- Video will be compiled pro bono by Skeeter Media
- On screen host: tbd
- Please be aware that by accepting the artist fee, you understand that the 90-minute video will be shown at multiple locations during Chinook Blast and at other times on the Mile and will be available for public listening on our website and Facebook page.
- .MP4 or .MOV
- 1080p if possible, 720p acceptable
- LANDSCAPE ONLY!!! No portrait orientation will be considered.
- Please pay attention to good sound.
We are grateful to Chinook Blast for funding this project in partnership with Bird Creatives and Calgary Arts Development.
Supported arts: Live Music
Supported music types: Cover Music, Original Music
In-House sound available: No
Minors allowed: Yes
Serves food: No
Special event liquor license allowed: No